Select a research topic
The topic you select should:
- Maintain your interest throughout the life of the project.
- Be achievable given the available resources and/or data.
- Make a significant contribution to your field, or the wider community.
Review the literature
Reading relevant literature should occur throughout your research project.
- Background reading will help establish context for the research.
- The literature review should include a broad selection of current, credible materials published in your topic area.
Focus your research
The movement from a general concept to a specific query will:
- Identify the general area for investigation.
- Set clear objectives for the research.
- Determine the approach to the research.
For more information see the Search the literature LibGuide.