Apart from the need to establish the credentials of the publication/publisher within its field of endeavour, the following should be carefully considered prior to commencement of the paper.
- May only be permitted to submit a document to one journal at any time.
- The acceptance rate for submissions can vary from 5% to 95%.
- Allow time to rework or response to reviewers comments.
- Turnabout time is critical as it may be several months resulting in 1 to 2 years interval until publication.
- Wide dissemination of material is vital to increase citations.
- Open access helps to maximise awareness of your work.